I watched the forum with former President Trump for 15 minutes before I turned it off. My wife and I returned to our behavior when Trump was on TV before: yelling at the screen, calling out his lies and BS.
I did read stories about his performance.
- He again said the 2020 election was rigged
- He took credit for putting on the Supreme Court justices who overturned Roe v. Wade, but wouldn’t take a precise position himself on abortion
- Called Jan. 6 a “beautiful day.” That’s the day men convicted of seditious conspiracy led a storming of the Capitol, resulting in a few deaths, many injuries of police, and hundreds of arrests
- Clearly said he would pardon at least most of those who attacked the Capitol if he is elected president
- Claimed he did not try to get the Georgia 2020 election results reversed, even though he’s caught on tape saying that.
- Attacked a victim of sexual abuse, displaying the same behavior toward that woman that a jury convicted him of this week and assessed a total of $5 million in damages to her.
But why bother? He is never going to change. Never.
Paraphrasing Ronald Reagan in a 1980 debate with President Jimmy Carter who had just run through a series of things, some wrong, about Reagan's positions on health care:
"There he goes again."
And then I went to read a book.