1) I’m happy that I don't live in Virginia anymore. In the Dominion State, the choices for governor this year are: Ken Cuccinelli, a Tea Party favorite, and Terry McAuliffe, whose main credentials are: he raised gazillions of dollars for the Democratic Party, was Democratic National chairman, and is BFF to both Clintons. Virginia, there may not be a Santa Claus this year.
2) I’ve never been a huge fan of Kentucky Senator and Minority Leader Mitch McConnell but I’m happy he stepped up in the government shutdown/debt ceiling talks last week. He also said yesterday that as far as he was concerned, the lesson learned from the government shutdown is – never do it again. Amen, brother.
3) I’m happy the Red Sox are in the World Series. Not because I’m such a Red Sox fan (I went to college in Boston and came to really hate Boston fans) but now I have friends and family in Massachusetts who are just so happy about it that it makes me happy. The city can use such happiness after the Patriot’s Day bombing.
4) I’m happy I’m a Tony Bennett fan and not a Justin Bieber fan. Did you hear about the 33-year-old who spent five years and $100,000 to have plastic surgery to look like The Bieb/Beeb? As the kids say, OMG! I doubt any plastic surgeons have heard the sentence, "Can you make me look like Tony Bennett?"
5) I’m glad I’m not writing about the government shutdown or the debt ceiling today.