- As he is signaling today go after Bill Clinton’s infidelities and Trump’s allegation that Hillary Clinton not only enabled his behavior but led the attack against her husband’s accusers?
- Be contrite, apologetic and the “new man” he promised two days ago that he’d be yesterday?
- Attack Clinton AND continue his attacks on Republicans who he is criticizing as hypocrites which could lead to his leading a “third party”, after this election, of those who will vote for him no matter what?
I think it’s clear he will not be the new man he promised Friday that he would become the next day, which would have been yesterday, which we haven’t seen yet. He can say anything he wants today and the opposite tomorrow and see no contradiction. It’s a unique trait.
There is no excuse for his comments 11 years ago to Billy Bush about his admitted sexual attacks on women. None. It wasn’t “locker room” talk because he was talking into a hot mic, which for an experienced TV guy like Trump, he should have known could have been hot. But, even more than that, he was admitting to another human being that he sexually attacked women. Just this time, there is evidence that on one can deny and not “simply” the word of someone else.
Of course at the time he was younger and less mature. Just kidding. The son of a bitch was 60 years old. He was the man he spent his life becoming and still is.
This election is over. It was probably over before this latest episode but it is definitely over now. He will get about 40 percent of the vote, but he will lose the Electoral College by a larger number.
I don’t say take that to the bank. We all need to vote to be sure he doesn’t win the election. And, we all need to begin thinking about:
- How does Hillary Clinton govern?
- Can she work with a GOP House, assuming they can maintain control?
- Can she control herself if she has a Democratic Congress and govern not simply as a liberal/progressive but as a president for all the people?
- Can she, and the GOP, figure how to deal with the legitimate concerns of the Trump voters? Those who have been left behind and shouldn’t be?